Reuben Eggs Rolls are crispy on the outside and filled with a creamy mixture of corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing.
All the flavors of a Reuben sandwich, minus the rye bread, but a crispy egg roll wrapper more than makes up for that. The insides of these egg rolls are a little sweet and a little tangy and wonderfully rich and creamy.
Great for St Patrick’s Day, gameday, or a party appetizer.
Nontraditonal egg rolls are some of the most fun recipes to make and eat. The flavor combinations you can try are endless. These Reuben Egg Rolls were a big favorite at my house which was no surprise because everyone I know adores a reuben sandwich. Scroll down for more Reuben Recipes.
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe:
- Cream cheese– regular or reduced-fat can be used.
- Thousand Island Dressing– Russian dressing can be used instead.
- Deli Corned Beef– Pastrami can be used instead or leftover corned beef.
- Shredded Swiss Cheese– I buy a block of cheese and shred it myself.
- Sauerkraut– be sure to squeeze it to get rid of excess liquid. You don’t want your egg rolls to get soggy.
- Egg Roll Wrappers– look for them in the produce section of a well-stocked grocery store.
- Vegetable oil– for frying.
Reuben Egg Rolls Recipe Tips:
- Best eaten right away, but leftovers can be reheated in an air fryer or toaster oven.
- The more egg rolls you roll, the better you will get at it.
- Don’t stuff them with too much filling or they will be difficult to roll up and you risk tearing the egg roll wrapper. It’s a real bummer when that happens!
- Heat the oil to 350 to 360 degrees. A deep-frying thermometer is handy for this.
- You don’t need to fry these egg rolls long. Only until they are golden on all sides.
Try These Other Amazing Reuben Recipes:
- Crock Pot Reuben Brats
- Reuben Potatoes
- Reuben Soup
- Reuben Fritters
- Spicy Reuben Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Reuben Hasselback Chicken
Print Reuben Egg Rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 pound deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Thousand Island for serving
In a large bowl, Stir together cream cheese and Thousand Island until smooth.
Stir in corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut.
Place a damp paper towel over egg roll wrappers so they don’t dry out. Working one at a time, lay one out so that it forms a diamond in front of you. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of filling on it.
Fold up bottom and sides and roll it up, sealing the seam by rubbing some water along it and pressing it.
Heat about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet. Heat to 360 degrees.
Fry 4 egg rolls at a time until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes for each batch. Place on a paper towel-lined plate.Serve with Thousand Island dressing for dipping.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.