My husband did the shopping this week because I hurt my back. He bought a bargain cut of meat for $4 at Cub Foods that was labeled Corn Beef Brisket. The meat came with the pickling spice packet you see when you are cooking Corned Beef at St Patrick’s Day. I had no idea what he bought or how to cook it so I told him he was on his own. This was the recipe he made for honestly the best Corned Beef I ever had. It was tender, tasty and we liked it so much we rushed back to Cub Foods and bought three more to freeze for smoking this Summer on the grill.
- 1 (4-5 pound) flat-cut corned beef brisket
- 4 tablespoons meat Rub. (I use Smokehouse Lovers Spice Blend from Luvafoodie.com)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Discard any flavoring packet from corned beef.
- Rub brisket with olive oil and massage seasoning into the outside of the meat all over
- Place brisket on a rack set in a roasting pan.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until meat is tender, about 5 hours.
- One hour before serving take the meat out of the oven and glaze with BBQ Sauce.
- Cover pan back up with foil and cook remaining hour.
- Slice to serve against the grain