Sweet, spicy, tart and salty, this Mexican mangonadas recipe is a real treat for your tastebuds! So flavorful, this non-alcoholic drink is sure to be a hit!
- Pin this recipe for later!
Fun & Fruity Mangonadas
Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays and this year I’m going to be sipping on a lot of these mangonadas!
Bursting with flavor, they are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy and I love the bold and vibrant color.
These Mexican inspired drinks are a treat any time of the year!
Be sure to check out my Best Cinco de Mayo Recipes!
- NON-ALCOHOLIC: This is one delicious and grown-up mocktail, you really won’t miss the booze, though, you can easily spike it if you wish.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great option if you are planning to serve it at a celebration, as the mango drink can be made ahead of time.
- DELICIOUS: The flavors in this drink are literally bursting at the seams! It’s perfectly refreshing and each sip pops!
How to make Mangonadas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Blend the mango, water, sugar and lime juice.
- Rim the glass with chamoy and dip in the tajin.
- Drizzle some chamoy in the bottom of the glass and add crushed ice.
- Fill halfway with the mango drink.
- Place in the diced mango and layer with chamoy and tajin and repeat the layers.
- Finish with lollipop straws and chopped pulparindo candies.
What is chamoy?
Chamoy is a Mexican condiment that is made from fruits like plums, apricots and mangoes, but each recipe is different. It also contains chilies and it’s both sweet and spicy in flavor.
Can you make it ahead of time?
You can make the pureed mango ahead of time and keep it in the freezer. Take it out 20 to 30 minutes before you want to pour the drinks.
The mango should be thick and iced so don’t let it thaw out if you are able.
Can you use fresh mango?
I prefer to use frozen mango when making mangonadas. The drink should be ice cold and thick and smoothie like.
If you use fresh mango, you can add in some ice cubes to the blender or be sure to chill it well for a few hours.
- Make this a cocktail (Mangonada Margarita!) by adding 1 shot of reposado tequila to each drink.
- These mangonadas are best enjoyed immediately so that the ice doesn’t dilute the drink.
These mangonadas are so refreshingly delicious! Wonderfully flavorful and the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. I just know you are going to love these!
More Mocktail Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!
Print Mangonada Recipe (Frozen Mangonadas)
- 4 cups of frozen mango
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- Chamoy juice for serving (click for example)
- Tajin seasoning (click for example)
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 cup of diced fresh mango
- 6 slices of fresh mango
- Tamarind straw lollipops (click for example)
- Pulparindo candies cut into pieces (click for example)
Add the frozen mango, water, sugar and lime juice to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour a ¼ cup of the chamoy onto a plate and sprinkle ¼ cup of the tajin onto a separate plate.
Dip the rim of the glass into the chamoy then dip it into the tajin to coat.
Add a drizzle of the chamoy to the bottom of the cups and drizzle it around the sides of the cups then add some crushed ice.
Fill the cup halfway with the mango drink, being careful not to mess up the decorations.
Sprinkle in the diced mango in a layer, pour in some more chamoy and sprinkle in some tajin then fill the rest of the glass with the mango drink.
Once filled, drizzle on some more chamoy and add a dash of tajin. Then add a few slices of mango to the top along with some lollipop straws and a few pieces of cut up pulparindo candies.
Repeat the process with the remaining mango drink and serve immediately.