Caprese pasta salad is just a twist to your classic Caprese salad. It incorporates all the ingredients of a regular Caprese salad recipe and uses them all into making a delicious pasta salad.
The best Caprese salad recipe has simple ingredients. It uses fresh tomatoes and beads of mozzarella. Adding pasta only pushes it to the top of the list of ‘best combination foods.’
To make Caprese pasta salad, cook the pasta to al dente. In a pan with olive oil, add tomatoes and salt. Cook with the lid on until tomatoes burst out of their skin. Add pasta to the pan. Then, add basil and mozzarella beads. Top with balsamic vinegar and salt to taste.
The ingredients for the Caprese pasta salad recipe are few in number and easily available. This recipe is also super easy to make. Here is what goes into a Caprese pasta salad.
Ingredients For Caprese Pasta Salad
- 2 cups of Fusilli Pasta
- ⅓ cup of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pints of Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt (as per taste)
- 8 ounces of Mozzarella Beads (bite size pieces of mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons of Chopped Basil
- 2 teaspoons of Balsamic Vinegar (white or plain)
These are all the key ingredients that you’ll need. Easy, right? Wait till you hear how little time it takes to make this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Caprese Pasta Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
This is how quickly you can make this recipe. Thus, this is a great dish to make after a long day when you don’t have the energy to make dinner. Now that we know all of the basics, we shall move on to the steps of making this recipe.
Steps To Make Caprese Pasta Salad
- Take a big pot of water. Add salt to this and bring to boil. Once the water has come to a boil, add the pasta. Cook it until al dente. Drain the water and set the pasta aside.
- In a pan, put olive oil. To this, add the tomatoes and salt. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Cook the tomatoes until their skins have burst. This would take about 6 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Now, add the pasta to this and stir well. Set this mixture aside to cool for a bit.
- After a bit, add chopped basil and mozzarella beads to the pan. To accentuate the taste, add balsamic vinegar and salt at the end. Mix all of this well and the Caprese pasta salad is ready to be served.
Yes! It was that simple! Just in case you want to know the nutritional value of this delicious pasta salad, here is a table for that as well.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Caprese Pasta Salad
Here is the nutritional value table for this recipe.
|Nutritional Value||Per Serving|
|Total Fat||33.9 g|
This was all about this easy yet delicious Italian pasta salad recipe. Try to make it and enjoy its deliciousness. You can serve it cold as well as hot with melted mozzarella cheese.
How To Make Caprese Pasta Salad At Home | Video
If you had any difficulty with the recipe, here is a similar video that’ll be your saviour. Check it out!
Video By Delish
Definitely give this recipe a try and tell me how much you liked it. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. I’ll try my best to help you. Happy Cooking!