When you are on the road, you can never be too sure . A moment of carelessness on the road and the whole equation changes drastically. While driving a car, you must stay focused. When you engage in a quick text message or call while driving, it can lead to disastrous consequences.
All of this is what has been happening in Marietta, a small town of Georgia. The citizens of Marietta have been reporting an increase in the number of car, motorbike, cycle, and pedestrian accidents, killing at least 500 people every year. The state is trying to limit these instances by establishing rules and regulations to address motor vehicle safety. However, none of these laws encompass what will happen when you crash and break a bone or two.
Yes! injuries are very likely to happen when you are driving recklessly. God forbid something happens, you find yourself in the need of a car accident chiropractor in Marietta to help you with your bone-related injuries.
The chiropractor’s goal is to help patients achieve optimal health. This can never be attained solely with exercise. You have to incorporate a healthy diet plan as well. You may already know about exercises to treat your spine, but do you know what foods to eat in order to maintain a healthy spine? Here are the tips!
Foods to Eat With Your Chiropractic Care 1) Calcium
There’s no surprise that your spine needs a good amount of calcium to recover fast and stay healthy long-term. Calcium helps your body maintain bone mass which is important as you age – our bones indeed become brittle with age.
Here’s how you can add more calcium to your daily diet:
- Leafy greens –Broccoli, collard greens, kale, and spinach helps in boosting your calcium levels.
- Dairy- Milk, cheese, butter, and yogurt are the best sources of calcium.
- Legumes- Tofu, peanuts, black beans, and baked beans should be added to your diet.
- Fish- Sardines and salmon are a great source of calcium.
2) Vitamin D
The intake of vitamin D and calcium goes hand in hand. Did you know to absorb calcium; we need to store vitamin D first properly? Here’s how you can obtain vitamin D by:
- Eating eggs (of course with the yolk!)
- Spend a few minutes in the sun every day – the sun is a great source of vitamin D
- Drink milk daily
Magnesium is the key to a healthy spine. Consume food loaded with magnesium as it also maintains muscle mass and bone density. Likewise, it helps your body recover fast from illness.
For more magnesium intake, you must add the following food articles to your diet:
- Eat raw vegetables– You need to consume more raw vegetables and fruits that have not been processed yet in any different way before purchase. Once again, broccoli and spinach are the number one choice.
- Eat raw Fruits –Bananas, kiwi, and avocado can also boost your magnesium levels.
- Whole grains – Whole wheat bread, brown rice, tofu, quinoa, and whole-grain pasta are full of magnesium.
- Beans – Black beans, baked beans, into beans, peanuts, and chickpeas have a great amount of magnesium.
- Seeds –You can add sesame seeds, flax, and sunflower seeds to sandwiches and salads for a magnesium boost.
Chiropractic patients need to learn how to add base ingredients into their recipes. Also, make sure to cut out any artificial sweeteners and excess amounts of sugar from your diet.
Eating healthy foods can surely elevate your spine health but there is no way for you to ignore the treatments prescribed by a doctor. The Marietta Chiropractic Clinic is there for treating your injuries in the most intricate manner possible. They have the best staff of medical professionals, chiropractors, physiologists, and radiologists help you get better in no time.
While chiropractors are doing their job, it is essential that you should also take good care of yourself . It is much easier than what you might have anticipated to change your eating regime and use healthy foods along with your chiropractic care.
Share this article to create awareness.